30/05/2017 - CINDAS LLC - Nuove leghe ed altri aggiornamenti
Questo è un elenco degli aggiornamenti apportati nei diversi database nella seconda metà del 2016 e nei primi mesi del 2017.
January 2017 - ASMD/HPAD/AHAD Updates
Complete Revision to ASMD chapter on Alloy L-605
A complete, comprehensive revision has replaced the old chapter on L-605 in the ASMD and the AHAD. This alloy is a cobalt base superalloy that, because of its properties, finds wide use in applications ranging from aerospace to gas turbine engine components and ball bearings and races.
HPAD/AHAD - New chapter on 904L Austenitic Stainless Steel added
904L is a non-magnetic superaustenitic stainless steel that offers excellent formability, toughness, and weldability. It exhibits excellent resistance to seawater and chloride attack, high resistance to stress corrosion cracking and provides full resistance to corrosion from sulfuric acid across the full range of concentrations. It is extensively used for chemical processing, oil refinery, and pharmaceutical industry components as well as seawater cooling devices.
HPAD/AHAD - New Chapter on Alloy 825 added
Alloy 825 is a nickel base high iron – chromium alloy with exceptional resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion, and very good stress corrosion cracking and intergranular corrosion resistance. It has been used successfully in a variety of applications in the chemical process and oil and gas industries, and in sea water applications. Typical components include vessels, boilers, heat exchangers and evaporators.
October 2016 - ASMD/HPAD/AHAD - Al 2099, Duplex Stainless Steels 2507 and Zeron 100, Custom 465, Al 29-4C
Major updates to ASMD, HPAD, and AHAD including Al 2099, Duplex Stainless Steels 2507 and Zeron 100, Custom 465, Al 29-4C.
- Al 2099 is a 3rd generation aluminum-lithium alloy developed by Alcoa for aerospace applications. It offers the desirable combination of low density, high strength, high modulus, moderate fracture toughness, excellent corrosion resistance and improved end-user fabrication. This heat treatable wrought aluminum alloy’s foremost benefit is its lower density, increased modulus with improved mechanical properties compared to currently used alloys.
- Duplex Stainless Steels 2507 and Zeron 100 possess a two-phase microstructure of austenite and ferrite which combines the beneficial properties of ferritic and austenitic stainless steels. Both are considered superduplex stainless steels with applications in off-shore oil platforms. Zeron 100’s main application is for pumps and piping, particularly in sour wells. Superduplex 2507 is used for seawater handling and deep sea umbilicals because of its high resistance to pitting, crevice and stress crack corrosion. The very high mechanical strength of the alloys provides the opportunity for weight reduction over austenitic stainless steels and nickel base alloys.
- Custom 465 is a precipitation hardening stainless steel—iron-nickel-chromium alloy containing titanium, and molybdenum. It has both high strength and high corrosion resistance. Typical applications of this alloy in the oil and gas industries include housings, mud motors, and directional drilling tools where the high strength and corrosion resistance in the uncoated condition are key advantages.
- AL 29-4C is a ferritic stainless steel which provides localized corrosion resistance in condenser tubing used in seawater cooled power steam condensers. The corrosion resistance of this iron-base alloy is derived from the use of 29% chromium and 4% molybdenum as principle alloying elements. It is a prime replacement for copper containing alloys where pitting is a major concern as well as for titanium which is more expensive with limited availability.
August 2016 - HPAD/AHAD - New Alloys added to HPAD and AHAD
- 20Mo-6 Stainless Steel 20Mo-6 is a high nickel fully austenitic stainless steel with exceptional resistance to general corrosion and stress corrosion cracking in sulfuric acid environments. It competes with other stainless alloys such as 904L, AL-6X, and Hastelloy G. Typical applications include mixing tanks, heat exchangers, process piping, pumps, valves, fittings and fasteners.
- Incoloy 28 Alloy 28 is a fully austenitic stainless steel that exhibits good resistance to general corrosion in strong acids. It has very good resistance to stress corrosion cracking, intergranular corrosion, and pitting and crevice corrosion. Incoloy 28 has been successfully used in a variety of applications in the chemical processing and oil and gas industries as well as in sea water applications.
- Hastelloy C-276 Hastelloy C-276 is a Ni-Cr- Mo alloy that is considered to be a versatile corrosion resistant alloy. The alloy has excellent resistance to a wide variety of chemical process environments, including strong oxidizers such as ferric and cupric chlorides, hot contaminated media, chlorine, formic and acetic acids, acetic anhydride, and seawater and brine solutions. It has improved fabrication characteristics since it does not need to be solution heat treated after welding.
- Lean Duplex Family of Stainless Steels (LDSS) LDSS are lower cost alternatives to austenitic stainless steels such as SS304. This new chapter includes alloys LDX 2101, ATI 2102, Nitronic 19D, SAF 2304, URANUS 2202, ATI 2003, and LDX 2404. The high mechanical strength of these lean grades offer weight reduction opportunities compared to the common austenitic grades.